Individually handmade in Australia- from beautifully embossed leather hide, each individual piece is handmade from start to finish in Melbourne.
These beautiful journals are made in 2 color options and available in 2 paper options.
Each individual journal takes an average of 3 hours from start to finish.
- Each piece individually handmade to order (ready in 1-2 days)
- Brass Key and thread to open close Vintage (Antique deckled edge paper) or lined paper.
- Deckled paper is 100% handmade using Australian coffee, see the process on Instagram: #GL_Bags
- Paper: 125gsm, leak-proof paper made in Australia- from the beautifully embossed leather hide, each individual piece is handmade from start to finish.
Steps to make it are as follows:
1) Leather is embossed using high-pressure presses.
2) Paper is deckled in our backyard using coffee and dried out in Australian Sun
3) Leather sheets are hand dyed and leather is dried in the Sun
4) Leather is cut into pieces, and holes are made for cover for paper and thread
5) Each individual coffee died paper is handstitched into the leather
6) Brass key is put on to give it that beautiful look